Do you know how to tell if it's time to replace your HVAC system? Or, does it just need maintenance?
Is it time to give your HVAC system the care it deserves?
Your HVAC system works hard to keep your home comfortable, but like all good things, it won’t last forever. Generally, HVAC systems can chug along for 15 to 25 years with proper TLC. The actual lifespan, however, varies based on factors like system type and maintenance. The Department of Energy suggests considering a replacement after ten (10) years for peak efficiency, although some newer models can stretch it to 15.
So, how do you know if your HVAC needs to be replaced? Here are five signs that it might be time to replace your HVAC system:
1. More Running, Less Efficiency: If your system is working overtime and your energy bills are skyrocketing, it might be a sign of wear and tear. It’s time to give it a break with a new HVAC system!
2. Getting a Bit Noisy: Like your favorite song, your HVAC might be getting louder with age. It could be time for an upgrade if it starts sounding like a rock concert.
3. Frequent Repairs: If your system constantly needs a fix, it might be sending distress signals. Save yourself from the hassle and invest in a reliable, new HVAC system.
4. Missed Maintenance: Bugs setting up camp, rust making itself at home, and capacitors on the edge – if you haven’t had a professional check-in regularly, your HVAC might be facing some serious issues.
5. Double Digits: If your HVAC has hit the 10-year mark, it’s like reaching adulthood. The manufacturer’s warranty may be waving goodbye, and repair costs might start piling up. Consider giving your system a fresh start with a replacement.
Taking care of your HVAC is not just about comfort; it’s an investment in your home’s well-being. So, if you’re eyeing that 10-year milestone or noticing the above signs, it might be the perfect time to explore regular HVAC maintenance or replacement of your HVAC system. Your home will thank you!